** PRACTICE TIMES - Times are as follows for all teams Mon 2/18-Sun 2/24
NO PRACTICE - Monday 2/18 for PRESIDENTS DAY
PLEASE NOTE - With rain scheduled this week there is a chance for practice to be cancelled. We will notify everyone by GroupMe and email so please check the day of practice. Coaches may also ask for something different so please be flexible. We will try to send info as soon as possible.
* JV team
Mon: NO PRACTICE
Sat: Team Hike (see details below)
* Pinnacle 2 team
Mon: NO PRACTICE
Fri: to be determined
* Best of the West team
Mon: NO PRACTICE
Fri-Sun Best of the West Tournament (see details below)
** JV TEAM HIKE- Sat Feb 23 - Piestewa Peak @ 7:45am
The JV team will be doing a team hike at Piestewa Peak on Sat 2/23. Please arrive by 7:45am, we will start the hike at 8:00. It takes about 30-45 minutes each way so if players are getting dropped off, parents should plan on picking up around 9:45am. Players should bring - water, a sweatshirt (still cold in the mornings), team shooter shirt for pictures, proper footwear and some trail mix in case they get hungry.
** BEST OF THE WEST TOURNAMENT- Fri 2/22 - Sun 2/24
The Best of the West team will be travelling to Henderson, NV Fri 2/22-Sun 2/24. More information has been sent in a separate email. We still need families to sign up for the Hospitality Tent. Please sign up for an item or two so our boys can be well nourished and bydrated for a weekend of games. Sign Up Here
** GEAR DISTRIBUTION-
* GAME UNIFORMS - Available the week of 2/25. If you rented your uniform, you will need to bring a $100 deposit check (made out to Pinnacle Boys Lacrosse) to pick up your uniform. We will not deposit this check. You will receive the check back at the end of the season if you return all uniform pieces in the same condition in which you received.
* TEAM STORE & GEAR BAGS - We should be receiving these items soon. We will notify families when the items are available.
** GAME SCHEDULE-Games start on Friday 3/1. Schedule posted on home page.
If you have any questions, please email at email@example.com. See you on the field.
- Pinnacle Boys Lacrosse Coaching Staff and Parents Board
Please find included the 2019 Spring Game Schedules for all teams. We will notify you of any changes. Coaches will instruct players on what time to arrive at the games. Each family is responsible for transportation to all games
PLEASE NOTE - For the safety of our players, we don't allow players to drive to the Tucson games. If your family will not attend the game then there are other families that are willing to carpool.
- Pinnacle Lacrosse Coaching Staff and Parent Board
1) Gloves are optional for the first 2 weeks. You should be comfortable in your game gloves by the start of fall ball performing all skills.
2) Close D and LSMs should complete the routine with a short stick. Advanced players may use a long pole. All skills tests will require a short stick (BTB, split dodges, etc.)
3) Dial in your pocket. Find someone to re‐string if you have an off‐the‐shelf pocket, order one online, text coach for help. a. This is not optional. The cost v. benefit here is massive. Fix your crap pocket NOW.
4) There are thousands of available resources to make you a better lacrosse player. Seek them out.
5) If you have a question, ask.
Any player seeking to be considered for varsity playing time should perform the routine 3‐4 times per week. If you want to be good, perform it daily. There are few guarantees in the world, but daily wall ball will make you better (I guarantee it).
Throw for 25‐30 minutes. It is possible to get 1000 touches in 30 minutes.
1) Stand roughly 10‐15 feet from the wall
2) Aim for a spot about 10 feet off the ground
3) Throw hard
4) Listen to music, Visualize game situations, or just zone out and count
10x Right hand
10x Left hand
10x Quick stick right (7‐10 feet away)
10x Quick stick left
10x One hand right (hold stick slightly above halfway)
10x One hand left
20x Right>Catch& Split>Left>Catch & Split (1 Throw & Catch with each side=1 rep)
20x Right>split>catch Left>split> right (split in the air, 1 Throw & Catch with each side=1 rep)
10x Canadian Left (cross‐handed right)
10x Canadian right (cross‐handed left)
5x BTB right
5x BTB left
Division 1 NCAA players are expected to complete this routine in 2m30s
1) Point the butt end of your stick at the target.
2) SOFT HANDS. Pretend the ball is an egg.
3) Snap your wrists forward upon release
Winter Conditioning Test: 1 mile field run (5 laps+endline <8m), 40yd dash (5.5s), Agililty T (10s)